Monday, January 20, 2014

So Sunday, the next day, I met my wonderful tutor Johanna, who took me into town to buy more groceries and dropped me off at the hotel where my American friend Aly was staying... I decided to stay with her the next two days so I could experience what it was like to not have to walk three miles into civilization.  Me and Aly were shown around the town and the campus the following day by my tutor with her other tutees Phillip (from Germany) kate and peter (from Czech Republic) Dominika (Czechoslovakia) Mattis (Latvia), and Anna (Spain).  the following day, Jan 7th, we experienced the first of three days of exchange student orientation which, I will skip over because all it was was a bunch of redundant information about things that I had already discovered for myself by simply living in the town for four days.  Actually I take that back, the finial day of orientation, thursday, I heard the lecture given by the head of the law department and since this is my area of study I found it to be intriguing.  But the most joyous part of Thursday the 9th, was that evening when all of the exchange students met at a karaoke bar in town to drink beer and sing karaoke.  It was fun to witness the Spanish kids sing "The Macarena" and the French kids sing "Lady Marmalade".  However I don't know how fun it was to witness me and my friends sing "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey but the video of us doing it was pretty fun-ny.  that weekend I was looking forward to seeing a Finish rock band called Santa Cruz with my flat mate Tuula and my friend Aly.  I enjoyed watching their long Finnish hair fly around in a very retro way.... I enjoyed it so much in fact, that I apparently felt the need to sneak backstage and asked to hang out with them for a bit (they were surprisingly cool with it).  after about 15 mins of conversation, Tuula came to tell me that it was last call and time to head home.  Oh and here is the band :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment